Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Learning to skate


I signed Carter for up for a skating- learning to skate for hockey.  He is a few months under the sign up age, which is 5, but I figured we would give it try since he seemed interested.  I can't believe how thrilling it was watching him explore the ice.  You could just see him taking it all in.  I am so grateful to my friend Nadine who is a skater;  she laced up her skates and taught him a few things too.  His cousins, Julia and Olivia also helped encourage him.  The program is an hour long with a 15 minute instruction at the beginning.  He was out there the entire hour and asked when he could come back.  Matt loves to skate so it must run in the family and will be a great thing for us to do together.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Way to go, Carter! Can wait to hear how the program goes!