Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Wind in the Willows

I ran into my friend Kiley at the bookstore over the weekend and she suggested this book and I am so glad she did.  Sunday night we started it and the boys ask- just one more chapter...please!  Here are a few of my favorite quotes.

"Soon after, he came upon a big river.  Never in his life had he seen a river before.  It was all a-shake and a-shiver, glinting and gleaming in the sun.  Mole was fascinated.  He trotted beside the river for a while and then, a little tired, sat down on the bank and listened to the river chattering and babbling past him."

"There is nothing as enjoyable as simply messing about in boats.  Nothing seems really to matter.  That's the charm of it.  Whether you arrive at your destination or whether you reach somewhere else, or whether you never get anywhere at all, it doesn't matter."


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha! Glad I didn't lead you wrong! I should read that one again to my boys. It's been almost 2 years.

Heidi said...

Those are two of my favorite quotes from TWITW, also. :) Some of the sentences and paragraphs sounded like poetry...