Thursday, February 5, 2009

Moving my parents


Our trip to Rockford, Illinois.


I took the opportunity of having their attention in the car, to go over some political science and geography.  I found pictures of each state we went through, our country, our world, our new president, our flag, and our solar system.  Carter is really interested in space so he loved the space pictures.

My mom cooks for the girls at a sorority house, so we went to work with her for a half day and my boys loved it.  One of the girls, Jenny, talked with Carter for, I think, an hour about space.  
She is also in ROTC and taught him how to salute and army  crawl.  She was so sweet.  He drew her a picture of space, I think he has a crush.



A flower always  makes a kitchen look like home.


My dad cuts wood on his table saw and the boy just love it.
Swedish pancakes....yum.
While we were working the boys popped bubble wrap and colored really big pictures of Wallee.



Law was pretending he was painting their house.
The Discovery Center is a really cool museum for kids in Rockford.  Since we have a membership to the Strong museum, we get in free.  On Monday when mom and dad went to work, Beej and I took the boys.  





2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like a fun trip! Did you get your new stuff back home? Looking forward to seeing you!

Unknown said...

For Carter, I saw planet window clings for $1.99 and a variety of other great teaching aids at Staples the other day (the awesome phonics flashcards you got for Luke, too!). Might be something you and he are interested in :) !