Sunday, February 22, 2009

Peace in Tragedy

Our church family was rocked this week when our assistant pastor's daughter Naomi was in a very serious car accident.  Her most serious injury now is a brain injury and she is still in a coma.  My heart is heavy tonight for the Hannah family, but with the heaviness is also a peace.  Peace that the Lord is in control and He is a God of love and compassion.  She is the youngest of 10 children and they are all very talented musically.  So, two of her brothers sang a song this morning titled My Little Sister Nay, written for her.  I was so moved at how a tragedy like this can bring a family so close to the Lord for strength, peace and hope.    Naomi's sister Tabitha wrote this on her caring bridge site,

 "I just love the Lord for His goodness and His peace!

We need to praise Him! This trial is stirring us up, and stretching our faith, and we are becoming more like Christ because of what our sweet Naomi is going through!

Love you all, and again, thank you so much for your support and prayers!"


If you'd like to check out the song it's on you tube, the link is below and the caring bridge site as well.  If you would like a glimpse into what the Lord is doing through this tragedy, just check out the guest book section.  So amazing, but I confess I did need my tissues.  If you feel lead, please pray for the Hannah family.



No comments: